Guernsey has just under 1,700 Open Market properties on its Housing Control register which are available for residents with UK or EU passports to occupy. This is known as the Open Market.
This runs alongside Guernsey’s Local Market which is reserved for the locally-qualified or ‘essential’ workers who have been granted a right to work in Guernsey.
Typically there may be anywhere in the region of 40 to 140 Open Market properties for sale or rent at any one time.
A flat rate of income tax (20 per cent), with tax capped, no capital gains tax, no VAT or death tax, all help attract newcomers to the island and our welcoming, friendly culture, low crime rate, pleasant climate and quality of life will ensure once here you’ll never want to leave. Swoffers Property Professionals have the expertise to help any newcomer deal with their transition to island life.
Open market facts and figures;
- Prices of an Open Market property start at around £550,000 for 1 bedroom apartments.
- The current record for an Open & Local Market property sale in Guernsey is held by Swoffers.
- Swoffers now has exclusive open market homes for sale at over £10m.
- The average price of an Open Market property in 2011 was £1.55m.
- In 2010 and 2011 Swoffers was responsible for two-thirds of the market by value of all open market sales which took place in Guernsey’s conveyancing court
- Swoffers has been Open Market leader for the past three decades.
- With three dedicated Open Market directors, two negotiators and support staff, Swoffers has the island’s largest Open Market team.
- Swoffers prides itself on its customer service – we appreciate how complicated buying a house in Guernsey can be and will offer help and advice throughout the buying process, from the initial viewing until completion of the deal.
- Open Market properties can be viewed in this section of our website but Swoffers handle many sales on a discreet basis. Confidential instructions can be discussed by calling one of our Open Market negotiators.
- Without doubt Swoffers has the island’s largest portfolio of luxury homes – so please take a moment to browse the selection here on our website and call one of our negotiators on 711766 for further information on living or buying in Guernsey or to organise a viewing for any of our properties.
Please note; Our property portfolio constantly contains a wide selection of CONFIDENTIAL INSTRUCTIONS including many prestigious homes of great quality and style. These are properties which for various reasons Clients do not wish to have listed on our website and are over and above those CONFIDENTIAL INSTRUCTIONS which are shown on the site. Do please ask for details.